Anderson may play IPL to earn T20 berth

After becoming the 2nd England bowler to scalp 200 wickets in both ODIs and Tests, pacer James Anderson said he might consider playing in the Indian Premier League to convince the selectors of his capabilities in the Twenty20 format.

Anderson was not part of the England squad that won the Twenty20 World Cup in 2010 and the 29-year-old pacer said he would look to perform well in the ongoing ODI series against India to earn a place in the T20 squad as well.

"My immediate priority is to play my part in winning the ODI series against India, but if I bowl well enough perhaps that will push me back into their thinking," Anderson was quoted as saying by the Daily mail.

"If not, one option might be to try to play in the Indian Premier League next spring or elsewhere, something I'm really going to have to consider."

"I'm sure the selectors know my feelings. I want to play T20 cricket for England, I'm disappointed that I'm not and it's down to me to persuade them I should be," he added.

Anderson on Saturday became only the second England bowler after Darren Gough (235) to take 200 wickets in both ODIs and Test cricket during the rain-marred first one-dayer against India at Chester-le-Street.

With the 2012 World Cup Twenty20 just a year and nine matches away for England, Anderson said he is running out of time to convince the selectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment